Mediterranean Chicken Thighs
Mediterranean chicken thighs roasted with potatoes in one pan with roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and capers makes an easy yet delicious and hearty meal.
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (680g, scrubbed and cut into small chunks)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (about 275-300g)
- 10 ounces roasted red peppers (280g, drained and sliced)
- 1/4 cup capers (drained)
- 8 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped, optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a roasting pan over high medium high heat and add a few tablespoons of olive oil.
Sear the chicken skin-side down until lightly golden. Flip the chicken over and turn off the heat.
Stir in the potatoes, tomatoes, red peppers, capers, garlic, and oregano. Season everything with a bit more salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle with a few more tablespoons of olive oil. Throw into the oven for 45-55 minutes.
Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve!
Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 1480mg | Potassium: 1599mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1435IU | Vitamin C: 85.6mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 9.8mg