Eggplant String Bean Stir-fry
This Chinese eggplant string bean stir-fry is an easy, delicious dish with only 10 ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your pantry.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- ¼ cup oil
- 8 oz. green beans (225g, cut into 2-3 inch long pieces)
- 1 long purple eggplant (approx. 8 oz/225g, cut into ½” x 2” strips)
- 2 slices ginger (julienned)
- 6 cloves garlic (smashed and coarsely chopped)
- 1 red holland chili (de-seeded and sliced; you can also substitute some red bell pepper if you want the dish to be mild)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
In a flat bottomed frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat, and shallow fry the green beans. Roll the beans around slowly until they start to look wrinkly and slightly crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove them to a plate and set aside.
Using the remaining oil in the pan, do the same procedure with the eggplant using slightly higher heat. It’s done once the edges turn slightly browned, and the eggplant is tender. Remove the eggplant from the pan and set aside along with the green beans.
Add one tablespoon of the leftover oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and red chili, and cook for a minute. Mix in the green beans and eggplant, and then the light soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, and white pepper. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, and serve.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 690mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 25.7mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.1mg